The wooden part was so old and rotten that if a cow or calf even though about touching it the whole works was going to come down. This spring the land lord gave us some fencing supplies to rebuild the catch pen!!! After a bit of engineering and design. We came up with a plan to get the most use out of the resources given to us and create a loading pen that is functional. Not to mention compared to the old pen this 1 looks pretty darn good too!!!
|Phase 1 Destruction... Our land lord, doing some destruction!|
Notice the broken and leaning post
in the background it was not the only 1...
Not everything we do at the farm is 100% labor intensive work, Destruction is always a great way to blow off a little steam and make a mess. The guy we lease the pasture took his loader tractor and a portable post hole digger over to the pasture and helped us (or we helped him, not real sure which) and we spent 1 evening this week tearing down the old fence, setting the new posts in the ground, and laying out the new fence. Oh and we did clean up the mess we created during the destruction portion of the evening!! Not to mention he bought us a burger in town when we were done!!! All and all not a bad way to spend a really beautiful spring evening!!
|Note to cedar trees. If you grow in the fence line you will|
be chopped down....
|Mark headed to repair the H brace in the corner. All of the |
Destruction and clean up is done... Now to set some posts
|Different Angle of the area to be replaced|
|Nothing like the sight of new posts and fence!!!|